Friday, March 20, 2015

This Is Why

If you asked me yesterday (or any other night for the  bast 2-1/2 years) if I was lucky you might have gotten any number of sarcastic answers - none of them being an emphatic yes. 

In fact I'd expect myself to say something more like this:
 "Well Lannie crapped on the carpet before 7AM, Derek had to work all morning and Jaxon has had 27 tantrums already  because he doesn't want dinner and it's only 3:30PM"

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I FINALLY have an amazing adult only vacation with my husband looming on the horizon, or because I had a conversation with a friend who has a very sick kid or because it's warming up and all of sudden the terrorists can go play in the back yard alone, but for whatever reason I keep thinking of just how lucky I am.

Most days come at me like a freight train - get up, get terrorists ready, diffuse tantrum #1 & #2, drop off terrorists at daycare, work, pick up terrorists, referee terrorist car seat wars, make dinner, listen to terrorists tell me they don't like dinner they want chips, argue with big read about homework and grades, clean poop off of something....rinse and repeat. 

None of that feels very lucky.  It feels very much like a prison sentence or a really bad rendition of groundhog day and I forget all the things I should be thankful for.  (Don't get me wrong...I've got 2 toddlers 15 months apart and a full time job...I still have a lot to bitch about too)

The reason I'm so lucky is because of the man that I'm married to -


These are snapshots of our life...they show his character and all of the things I love about him, but this still isn't IT.

This is IT- this is why I'm lucky:
 Because when all of the noise and craziness of our lives fades to the background (or when they actually go to sleep) this is how he looks at me...It doesn't matter if I'm dressed up and ready for a night out or if I'm 187lbs, 22 hours into labor and not being very pleasant person.  He never stops loving me and never lets me forget it.
 We have our share of rough days and anything that can go wrong always seems to, but I'm lucky because the man I married never lets me forget that I will always have a partner and a lover and a friend and those things are unconditional.

Thank you honey for sharing this crazy ride with me!  I might not tell you every day, but know that I know just how lucky I am to have you by my side!

And....I call Not It on the next shitty diaper....




No comments:

Post a Comment